When I was of age, I began life on my own with no direction. When
you are not nurtured or taught things like manners, social graces, how
to keep yourself clean...and the list goes on and on, all you do is
exist and try to fit into society; however, I was an absolute failure at
that. All through my years of aging, I said and did some pretty
terrible things to others. I didn't know any better because of the
trauma I had endured as a young person. I eventually turned to drugs and
alcohol to escape reality and things only became worse...much worse; my
parenting skills included.
I lived most of my life as a miserable, unhappy woman, riddled with guilt over my poor parenting, things that happened in my past, and the type of person I became. This went on until my early fifties... that is when I finally reached out for help. I am 64 now and it is almost unthinkable that I was that other unlikable person so many years ago.
Since then I have reached personal triumphs that I never thought possible for myself and I am such a happy person with a very healthy mental well-being. Learning to defeat my demon memories and all that was trying to destroy me has done that for me. I am also very fortunate to have a very loving, understanding husband.
Abuse is a subject that should be talked about much more openly and much more often; especially by people like myself...the ordinary Jane or Joe that is not your famous movie star, politician, or athlete.
I have been offered and have accepted some very wonderful rewards in life now. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would be taken in this new direction; or as I sometimes like to say "A door to a new world has opened for me...how could I ever refuse going through it."
Once I learned what was at the root of all my mental problems, (and I don't mean being crazy), it was up to me which path I was going to choose. I chose the path to fight all that was trying to destroy me. Fighting is a much harder path to take. It is much easier to just sit and hope things will work out for you and do nothing to help yourself...that is when all the horrible things that are trying to destroy you succeed...they will destroy you. That is the other path. You must always fight with all you heart and soul because you are fighting for your happiness and mostly for life itself.
I am very grateful to have such a meaningful purpose in life now. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason...now I must go forward and do the very best with the new avenue I have been given; helping others.
All Copyrights Reserved
Linda Leone 2010
I lived most of my life as a miserable, unhappy woman, riddled with guilt over my poor parenting, things that happened in my past, and the type of person I became. This went on until my early fifties... that is when I finally reached out for help. I am 64 now and it is almost unthinkable that I was that other unlikable person so many years ago.
Since then I have reached personal triumphs that I never thought possible for myself and I am such a happy person with a very healthy mental well-being. Learning to defeat my demon memories and all that was trying to destroy me has done that for me. I am also very fortunate to have a very loving, understanding husband.
Abuse is a subject that should be talked about much more openly and much more often; especially by people like myself...the ordinary Jane or Joe that is not your famous movie star, politician, or athlete.
I have been offered and have accepted some very wonderful rewards in life now. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would be taken in this new direction; or as I sometimes like to say "A door to a new world has opened for me...how could I ever refuse going through it."
Once I learned what was at the root of all my mental problems, (and I don't mean being crazy), it was up to me which path I was going to choose. I chose the path to fight all that was trying to destroy me. Fighting is a much harder path to take. It is much easier to just sit and hope things will work out for you and do nothing to help yourself...that is when all the horrible things that are trying to destroy you succeed...they will destroy you. That is the other path. You must always fight with all you heart and soul because you are fighting for your happiness and mostly for life itself.
I am very grateful to have such a meaningful purpose in life now. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason...now I must go forward and do the very best with the new avenue I have been given; helping others.
All Copyrights Reserved
Linda Leone 2010
I have written my autobiography "ESCAPE: How I Fight the Demons
of My Past and Win" by Linda Leone. I tell my story of abuse very
bluntly with some rough language and some sexual explicitness...but
nothing we all can't handle. I had to tell my story exactly as it
happened with no sugar coating, especially when it came to me. My book
is being sold on Amazon.com, Thesurvivingspirit.com, The Sundance Book
Store in Reno, Nevada and other channels. I have become a
speaker/advocate for abuse victims and I do promote and sell my book at
all of my speaking presentations as well. I have a website... http://www.lindaleone.me
that gives many details about the book and also things that I am
blogging about. I hope you will go there and check it out. It does feed
into Twitter and YouTube.
0 comments:
Post a Comment